Based in Austin, Texas
January 9th, 2020
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
What would you do if you were friends with the gods, and your influence on them could change the cosmos? Mythic Ocean is an atmospheric and charming adventure where you'll befriend a pantheon of gods under the sea, help solve their problems, and make choices that shape the birth of a new world.
Mythic Ocean is the debut title of a 3-person team of industry veterans in Austin, TX. Our players are storytellers too -- we make narratives they can explore and shape, creating an experience unique to them. Mythic Ocean is both a love letter to the beauty and power of the sea, and a game about how you, as a person, have more influence than you realize.
- Narrative Exploration - through deep conversations with gods, your choices influence the fate of the universe
- Diverse, peaceful underwater environments
- Meet tons of goofy, charming creatures
- No death, no combat, no failure. The challenge is influencing the gods to get the result you want - outcomes range between harmony and pandemonium
- There's a breakdancing crab
Console Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of the Dreamhack Austin Pitch Championship" Austin TX, 3 June, 2018
- "PAX Rising Selection, PAX South 2020" San Antonio TX, January 2020
- "Every encounter in the demo, actually, was funny and charming and even oddly sad in a beautiful way."
- Tim Poon, Working Mirror
- "...fascinating and beautifully designed...there are a massive number of places to explore and things to do. I enjoyed every minute."
- Chloe Price, GameLuster
- "I was hooked from the first minute."
- Haythem Frikha, Insatiable Gamer
- "It’s a good time if you ever wanted to make some new friends beneath the waves."
- Joel Couture, Indie Games Plus
- "we are very excited to keep an eye out on this one!"
- Joelle Lavoie, MyPotatoGames
- "...speaking of gods, they are incredibly original and endearing (even the more weird ones) in their design."
- Sara Boardman, Entertainment Focus
Official Twitter page
Paralune is a 3-person game studio based in Austin, TX making narrative-focused games that allow our players to be storytellers too.
More information on Paralune, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Mythic Ocean Credits
Concept Artist, Illustrator, Animator
Game Designer, Writer, Composer
Programmer, Environment Artist
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks